Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Beginnings

Image (jameswoodward.wordpress.com)

In the last week I have turned 30,hurriedly packed my bags for Dar, got home to bubbles and balloons, unpacked my bags in Dar, started work, packed my bags again for Arusha...and this is where I still find myself, in the shadow of Mount Meru.

To all my friends and family back home - thank you, thank you, thank you for taking care of me while I was in SA.  I never expected to find myself broke and semi-hopeless at the glorious age of 30...but there I was...the way you opened your doors to me, spoiled me with treats, fed me good food and wine, took me dancing and always the never ending support meant the world to me!

To all my friends in Dar who kept my house mould free, fed my flatmate (who possibly would have staved in my absence), supported me from afar and welcomed me back in such a wonderful way...wow...i can not wait for another year of African adventures with you all!

This year has been tough to say the least, but I feel older, wiser and more responsible all ready! I am truly blessed for each one of you in my life!  And once again...To new beginnings!

Andizi

No comments:

Post a Comment