Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The IN-BETWEEN world...




I recently read The In-Between World of Vikram Lall, not really something to write home about but for some reason the title keeps on popping up in my head at this time in my life. Because at the moment I exist in the IN-BETWEEN world of Maisha.


The decision have been coming for a few months now, I have decided to leave this amazing place I have called home for 3 years. I resigned, have booked a ticket and have started packing three years of memories and moments into boxes. It is scary how much one can accumulate in just 3 years. Sorting through receipts and old plane tickets I couldn't help but shed a few tears for some broken dreams and laugh at some amazing moments.


Life can sometimes be extremely confusing and change tend to do this to me. I am leaving a life of three years heaps of memories and good friends, a good job and a house behind and going back to no job, no house and my old student car(craziness I know but I have friends and family that will make it all worthwhile). Hence the feeling of existing in-between worlds sort of like a nomad.


But I am fine with it for the moment although some moments of mild panic attacks do appear where Rescue Remedy is popped by the lid full. I know this is right path for now, and as a good friend advised;


'Jump, you will build wings on the way down'


Fingers crossed it doesn't end in a splat!


So this is Maisha writing from the in-between world.

Hoping I will be finding myself firmly in one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment