Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Race at Sunrise...or not...


Every morning in Africa,
a gazelle wakes up.
It knows that it must run
faster than the fastest lion.
Or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must out run the slowest gazelle.
Or it will starve to death.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion
or a gazelle; when the sun comes up
You had better be running

That is an African Parable. 
According to the above, Dar es Salaam is very un-African, because around here, people are rarely in a hurry and even more rarely running...except for the Masai...but that is not the point as they don't operate the business centers.  The culture around here is very much of the procrastination kind - "hamna shida, kesho" (no worries, tomorrow)!
But I can't really blame them  - if I lived in a place where I didn't need shelter from the cold, I could do a little fishing everyday and when I walk home a paw-paw falls on my head (tada, salad!) - who would want to run anywhere?  Let's rather...DANCE!  Yeah!



Andizi

No comments:

Post a Comment