Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Weekend and UDI's

The Beginning
Somewhere in the Middle

The End
So I am a little older and Frangipani a little younger.  That is the ffirst of many, many polar opposites, but somehow our friendship just...works!  The result of this unusual union has been the broadening of my horizons in many ways - I have been introduced to various things, methods and habits that seemed to have given my generation a skip!  The list is long and I would rather not go into too much detail lest I loose all of my street cred, but there has been one discovery that has added a little flair to my life - that of the acronym.
Living with Frangipani I have had to learn the meanings of these gems that pepper her everyday conversation otherwise there could have been some serious misunderstandings!  FML, BTW, LOL, NP, TGIF - just a couple of the hidden codes I have mastered.
The one that has particular reference to my life right at this instance is the UDI - Unidentified Drinking Injury.

The place: Kendwa Beach, Zanzibar
The occasion: Weekend away with friends, in particular, beach party Saturday night
The time: Between 00:00 and 04:30
The UDI:  Bruises that seem to stretch from my knees to my ankles, in all shades of blue and black.
The cause: Various, but most likely dancing till we drop, midnight swimming and illegal dow access.
The verdict: Ab-so-lu-te-ly worth it!

The Very End

Andizi

1 comment: